Moissanite is a popular and stylish alternative to diamond for engagement rings and other jewelry pieces. It is a lab-created gemstone with similar characteristics to diamond but is more affordable. If you own a moissanite ring, it is important to take proper care of it to maintain its sparkle and brilliance.
In this article, we will discuss how to clean and care for a moissanite ring.
Cleaning a Moissanite Ring
Cleaning a moissanite ring is a simple process that you can do at home using items that are readily available. Here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare a cleaning solution: You can use a mild soap or dishwashing detergent to make a cleaning solution. Mix the soap or detergent with warm water in a bowl.
- Soak the ring: Place the ring in the bowl and let it soak for about 20-30 minutes.
- Scrub the ring: After soaking, use a soft-bristled brush, such as a toothbrush, to gently scrub the ring. Pay special attention to the underside of the stone, where dirt and grime tend to accumulate.
- Rinse the ring: Once you have scrubbed the ring, rinse it with warm water to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the ring: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to dry the ring. Avoid using paper towels or tissues, as they can scratch the moissanite.
Caring for a Moissanite Ring
In addition to regular cleaning, there are some additional steps you can take to care for your moissanite ring:
- Remove your ring before doing any strenuous activity: Moissanite is a hard and durable stone, but it is not indestructible. It can chip or scratch if subjected to extreme force or pressure. To avoid this, it is best to remove your ring before engaging in any strenuous activity, such as exercising or doing household chores.
- Store your ring in a safe place: When you're not wearing your moissanite ring, store it in a safe place. You can keep it in a jewelry box or a soft cloth pouch to protect it from scratches and dust.
- Avoid exposing your ring to harsh chemicals: Moissanite is resistant to most chemicals, but it is still important to avoid exposing it to harsh chemicals such as bleach, chlorine, and other cleaning agents. These chemicals can cause the metal to tarnish or damage the moissanite.
- Get your ring inspected regularly: Regular inspections can help ensure that your moissanite ring is in good condition. A jeweler can check for any loose or damaged stones, as well as any signs of wear and tear.
- Have your ring professionally cleaned: While you can clean your moissanite ring at home, it is a good idea to have it professionally cleaned once a year. A jeweler can use specialized equipment and techniques to clean your ring thoroughly and restore its shine and sparkle.
Tips Of Keeping Moissanite Rings For Years
Taking care of your moissanite ring is a simple process that can help ensure that it looks beautiful and lasts for years to come. Regular cleaning, proper storage, and avoiding exposure to harsh chemicals can all help maintain the ring's appearance and durability. With these tips, you can enjoy your moissanite ring for many years to come.
MomentWish has the first-rate moissanite jewelry at best price, with one piece of moissanite cleaning cloth and GRA certified report are provided. Below are some of the latest moissanite jewelry for your choice, check it out:
This Moissanite solitaire engagement rings for women are made of 925 sterling silver that is Eco-friendly and conflict-free. Women moissanite rings with classic design will never go out of style.
This Moissanite heart necklace for women is a perfect expression of love. Features a round brilliant cut centre moissanite 6.5mm/1ct 3 prong setting, with 10 accent moissanite.
This round cut Moissanite diamond stud earrings are suitable for women and men in any occasions, handcrafted 4 prong Moissanite diamonds add a glint of exceptional brilliance to each and every day.
The best halo Moissanite engagement wedding band set symbolises the union between you and your partner. A perfect gift to express your love on any romantic occasions.
Apart From How To Clean And Care For A Moissanite Ring, You Can Also Learn How To Clean Moissanite Earrings